About Londonderry Forge Supplies
About Londonderry Forge Supplies Ltd
Londonderry Forge Supplies Ltd was established in 1993 by Master Farrier Huw Dyer and his wife Jackie Dyer. We took over Londonderry Farriers and Blacksmiths in 1983 and it has prospered as a successful business serving the hunting, racing and general equestrian communities of North Yorkshire. With over four decades of experience in hoof care and shoeing, we believe we have all the expertise and insight needed to anticipate and provide for other farriers’ needs.
We are ably assisted by Kim Smith and our team of eight farriers and apprentices, each of whom is an aspiring expert.
Huw Dyer is an executive committee member and past president of the British Association of Farriers and Blacksmiths. This was formerly the National Association of Farriers, Blacksmiths and Agricultural Engineers. He is also a Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Farriers and is an approved farrier trainer. We train our staff to the highest level.
At Londonderry Forge Supplies Ltd and in our own forge we have a very specific ethos:
- Continual improvement in skills and best practice
- Consummate customer service
- Help and answers for anyone with queries about working methods or products
- To innovate wherever we can to improve efficiency, service or the availability of useful, high-quality products
- To endorse and promote the crucial role of the farrier in equine care. After all, 'no foot, no horse'.